Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Blast from My Past

When I was a little girl I really loved the library a lot. My daddy took me there every Saturday. They let me check out four books at a time. Our library, as well as many others in small towns and cities around the country, was made possible by a gift from Andrew Carnegie. This is what our library looked like.

I have lived in a lot of places in my adult life, but the one constant has always been one of the very first things I do when I move to a new place is go and get a library card. I never met a library I didn't like, but I've got a truly sweet space in my heart for this one and for my favorite librarian of all time, Miss Trosclair.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my friend Thing 1 (private joke between us--can I do that on a blog?), good luck with this! I have to laugh though. I was quickly scanning your commentary and "Miscellany" caught my eye. I had to screech to a stop because I thought it said "McElhiney!" Oooops! Anyway, I'll stop back and read again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete